MNF Club Forums
Name Change Charge - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Name Change Charge (/showthread.php?tid=1826)

Pages: 1 2

Name Change Charge - Alexa_Darkness - 06-15-2019

I get a lot of players asking me if a Mod is online, meaning I have to check my contacts to see if they are online.  And just because they are online, does not mean they are available (I know Mods can go AFK for ages without being kicked)..  so sometimes I have to change servers myself to help player locate the Mod.

But surely there is a better way for a player to get there name changed.  Perhaps via an in NPC

1.   Charge everyone $50,000 to change their avatar's name
  2.   Charge everyone $10,000 to change their avatar's name
  3.   Charge everyone $0.00 to change their avatar's name, because everyone is cheap
  4.   Continue to harass the Game Mods
  5.   Charge everyone $10,000 or 5% of their net worth, which ever is greater
I did think of a 6th option after I created the Poll... 

6.    Charge $0.00 for the first request, $1,000 for the 2nd request, $2,000 for the 3rd request and so on..

RE: Name Change Charge - -J- - 06-17-2019

Voted 50k in the poll, but my real vote is: 1st name change is free (because lots of times people who start out with suggestive names like "imabigtittyslut" end up preferring a more normal name), then 40k from the second on. I don't believe it should cost quite as much as an apartment for a name change, but it should be more expensive than 10k.

RE: Name Change Charge - pumparump628 - 06-17-2019

With how expensive stuff is in the game already I think a name change should just be free specially for prems since we're supporting the game. Oh but a possible solution could be to do it like with new avatars like one name change a day or every 3 days or 5. That way there wouldn't be an enormous traffic flow of name changes every day

RE: Name Change Charge - Vrook - 06-17-2019

Well, my suggestion would be, based on what I've noticed when I changed my display name on Google Hangouts, to make a name change possible only once a month. As there was a funny message going together with the name changing dialog on Google, which was something like "Are you sure that you want to change your name? Like in real life, name changing is not an easy thing to do, so it won't be possible to change the name for another month."

RE: Name Change Charge - Linette - 06-17-2019

i see that an npc charging minimum 10k would be a very good idea rather than having to harass the mods about it as the name change service seems very popular but takes a long time cause of how many there are

-edit: pardon my grammar as i admit it is shit as what i mean by this is that i would rather pay than put more work on the mods than is needed so that they can do other things of more importance such as deal with rule breaks and such and please let me know if there is further need for me to explain myself to be understood

RE: Name Change Charge - Jenna-X - 06-17-2019

I see it as a service as well as a good way to meet the mods.

I've sought out mods after marriage or divorce. If I want a different name I just make a new avatar.

If you've behaved in such a way that you need a name change maybe you should start over anyway.

RE: Name Change Charge - JohnSins - 06-18-2019

Sounds more like a “not enough mods” problem than anything else... I can understand the mod point of view of having to change so many names, so this would be a deterrent to such frequent requests. Nonetheless, just find more mods willing to pick up the slack or implement a “one name change over a certain period of time” rule instead of trying to capitalize on the powers you were given to support the community. I can already see all the angry tweets about having to pay for name changes if it becomes an automated thing. idk... just an opinion from a guy who hasn’t changed his name in more than 2 years...

RE: Name Change Charge - Linette - 06-18-2019

my point of view is that of one who feels like the mods time is better spent dealing with problems from bigger issues but also that a new npc would be a fun thing to have sticking around but it is simply my opinion and im just very chatty when i would do better to shut up so if i am just rambling please do let me know and i will shut up on this thread in the future

RE: Name Change Charge - Elder Statesman - 06-18-2019

(06-18-2019, 09:11 AM)Linette Wrote: my point of view is that of one who feels like the mods time is better spent dealing with problems from bigger issues but also that a new npc would be a fun thing to have sticking around

Thats the point!
Create a new NPC, who changes names automaticly!
Like changing noses or hairstyles...
Its free for the first time, then you have to pay a fee... 
The time of our mods is too preciuos to do such routine! Cool

RE: Name Change Charge - JohnSins - 06-18-2019

(06-18-2019, 09:11 AM)Linette Wrote: my point of view is that of one who feels like the mods time is better spent dealing with problems from bigger issues but also that a new npc would be a fun thing to have sticking around but it is simply my opinion and im just very chatty when i would do better to shut up so if i am just rambling please do let me know and i will shut up on this thread in the future

No need to shut up, everyone’s opinion matters here, especially one that might dictate a future QoL update. So continue to contribute to the discussion!

On another note, even with the heavy bias to make individuals who want to continue free name changes look bad ( harass the mods and 0.00 cause I’m cheap, lol, great polling Alexa), it still seems that people still want free name changes....