MNF Club Forums
MnF Club, an uncertain future - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: MnF Club, an uncertain future (/showthread.php?tid=1821)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

MnF Club, an uncertain future - SupermassiveMan - 05-12-2019

As we all know by now, the entire core of the MnF Club game (and the complete MnF Games library) is totally developed in Flash, a technology that has sure seen better days, and now has its days counted. 
Adobe, the current developer and owner of Flash since its purchase to Macromedia, already set the definitive day for the Flash "death": Dec 31, 2020

By that moment, every piece of web media created over Flash will no longer be compatible with internet protocols and standards. And that's cause Apple (Safari), the Chromium project (Chrome, Opera and Edge, among others) and the Mozilla Foundation (Firefox) already declared they efforts to put down this technology years ago, and little by little they are sinking the boat, putting very clear the fact that Flash will be dead sooner than we think.

That leads to a very simple questions. What is gonna happen to MnF Club? Sooner than we believe, the game will be no longer accessible, by any means.
This is an actual problem that nobody is talking about, as as we all know very well, the MnF dev team is pretty quiet about basically anything.
Being that the case, all we see is that they keep working over Flash, with no clear intentions to move to another platforms. All the opposite.
So, must we believe that MnF Club has its days counted as well?

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - Alexa_Darkness - 05-12-2019

It really depends on what software MNF CLUB use to create the game with. If they use Adobe Animate to create their Flash content, then it would fairly easy to convert, as Adobe Animate is used to create both Flash & HMTL5 content.

https://theblog.adobe.com/what-to-expect-when-converting-flash-to-html5/

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - SupermassiveMan - 05-21-2019

(05-12-2019, 08:57 AM)Lady_Alexa Wrote: It really depends on what software MNF CLUB use to create the game with.   I they use Adobe Animate to create their Flash content, then it would fairly easy to convert, as Adobe Animate is used to create both Flash & HMTL5 content.

https://theblog.adobe.com/what-to-expect-when-converting-flash-to-html5/

True, tho as a media content developer I have to point a little problem with your statement.

Animate is the successor of Flash. In fact, is exactly the same animation IDE with new features and, of course, a new name. But yes, it's just that, the newest version.
Flash was changed to Animate on December 2015. And MnF Club was publicly released on October 2015, meaning it was developed before the Animate existence. Also, not every Flash project is compatible with Animate, it depends of a couple of settings and, more important, the fact that they still has those core project files. Otherwise, it would be redo the game from scratch. And not only Club, but the entire library of MnF games as well.

I really, really hope they can convert everything to the next decade protocols. And more importantly, I hope the want to do it. But as a MnF player since 2006, I'm not sure if they actually care about that.

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - elastic - 05-23-2019

I just want to know if the premium users are going to be compensated somehow for the three weeks of downtime we endured

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - SupermassiveMan - 05-24-2019

(05-23-2019, 02:40 PM)elastic Wrote: I just want to know if the premium users are going to be compensated somehow for the three weeks of downtime we endured

I won't count on that. The MnF team (and here I'm excluding the Mods since they have no control over the game) is characterized for not listening to the players and for the a slow time on making decisions and applying changes.

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - nula - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 04:09 AM)RedFires Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 02:40 PM)elastic Wrote: I just want to know if the premium users are going to be compensated somehow for the three weeks of downtime we endured

I won't count on that. The MnF team (and here I'm excluding the Mods since they have no control over the game) is characterized for not listening to the players and for the a slow time on making decisions and applying changes.

what would the compensation be, extra premium time? 100k of ingame money?

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - SupermassiveMan - 05-29-2019

(05-24-2019, 08:24 PM)nula Wrote:

In this particular case, I think it's only fair to extend the period of premium by the same amount of time the problem lasted.

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - Emmie - 05-29-2019

As you say earlier in this thread, moderators have no direct control of the game and the direction it takes. We are merely here to help with issues in-game, and perhaps direct people to where they need to go with their issues when we can. But the devs are working hard to make sure things work as intended, as far as I'm aware, this also includes the future of MnF Club, past the end of Flash, but what form that will take, I can't say.

As for any issues you've had regarding the game recently, please contact support directly via their email as this is something that us moderators can't help you with. Feel free to continue the discussion, or if you have any questions either direct them to me or support.

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - SupermassiveMan - 05-29-2019

(05-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Emmie Wrote: As you say earlier in this thread, moderators have no direct control of the game and the direction it takes. We are merely here to help with issues in-game, and perhaps direct people to where they need to go with their issues when we can. But the devs are working hard to make sure things work as intended, as far as I'm aware, this also includes the future of MnF Club, past the end of Flash, but what form that will take, I can't say.

As for any issues you've had regarding the game recently, please contact support directly via their email as this is something that us moderators can't help you with. Feel free to continue the discussion, or if you have any questions either direct them to me or support.

Exactly, I'm not charging against the mods, at all. In fact, I know you guys are suffering the game issues just as anybody else.

Thanks for pointing things out, Emmie. You are truly a good mod for this community, we appreciate all your hard work and everything you do for us <3
But leaving that aside, it's been forever since we (the players, the base of MnF) have a decent communication with the dev team. And as far as that remains the same way, we won't be satisfied.

RE: MnF Club, an uncertain future - elastic - 06-27-2019

(05-24-2019, 08:24 PM)nula Wrote:

Extension of time for what was missed, so about three weeks would be fair since that's basically how long I was unable to play for.

(05-29-2019, 07:03 PM)RedFires Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Emmie Wrote: As you say earlier in this thread, moderators have no direct control of the game and the direction it takes. We are merely here to help with issues in-game, and perhaps direct people to where they need to go with their issues when we can. But the devs are working hard to make sure things work as intended, as far as I'm aware, this also includes the future of MnF Club, past the end of Flash, but what form that will take, I can't say.

Exactly, I'm not charging against the mods, at all. In fact, I know you guys are suffering the game issues just as anybody else.

Thanks for pointing things out, Emmie. You are truly a good mod for this community, we appreciate all your hard work and everything you do for us <3
But leaving that aside, it's been forever since we (the players, the base of MnF) have a decent communication with the dev team. And as far as that remains the same way, we won't be satisfied.

Yeah, most of the mods here are good, Emmie is awesome she's helped me in the past. The devs on the other hand suck. No communication what so ever, and the updates are too lacking IMO. Like, what am I paying premium for? Once every three month updates (clothes don't count as updates, I mean poses, feastures, etc) and extreme downtime? -_- I understand things happen, but sheesh comminicate with your fans from time to time.