Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Culture exchange
im a native from alberta canada
(07-14-2016, 03:57 PM)syaoran37 Wrote: im a native from alberta canada

Could you tell us more?
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
i just knew about it know
i didnt know this thread exists
OI! Can someone share some culture?!
(10-02-2016, 05:05 PM)Cath Wrote: OI! Can someone share some culture?!

Ok well...I live in Switzerland.

We speak 4 different National Languages: French, Swiss-German, Italian and Rumandsch.
The mentality varies in the different parts of switzerland according to language they speak. For example:
In the french speaking parts they take it easier and seem to be more relaxed.

You could say that we Swiss don't like sudden changes and need time to accept new things.
Like: most People pay with cash and don't want to pay with a card.

Fun Fact: Only Jemen and the US own more Firewapons per head than us. There are shooting competitions where
our politicians hold speeches with no security meassures what so ever.

In our capital (Bern) stands a sculpture of a man eating kids and no one knows why.

So... I hope that was interesting for you guys.....when you have questions feel free to ask Big Grin
                                                                    [Image: signatur_august_16_2_by_mirrrage-dad5mv8.jpg]

(12-07-2016, 05:50 PM)Mirrage Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 05:05 PM)Cath Wrote: OI! Can someone share some culture?!

Ok well...I live in Switzerland.

We speak 4 different National Languages: French, Swiss-German, Italian and Rumandsch.
The mentality varies in the different parts of switzerland according to language they speak. For example:
In the french speaking parts they take it easier and seem to be more relaxed.

You could say that we Swiss don't like sudden changes and need time to accept new things.
Like: most People pay with cash and don't want to pay with a card.

Fun Fact: Only Jemen and the US own more Firewapons per head than us. There are shooting competitions where
our politicians hold speeches with no security meassures what so ever.

In our capital (Bern) stands a sculpture of a man eating kids and no one knows why.

So... I hope that was interesting for you guys.....when you have questions feel free to ask Big Grin

Thanks! But I think the man eating children is an ogre. Or, a character which inspired the Grimm brothers. Or it's even the Krampus. 
By the way, I think Switzerland is one of the most resistant in case of an economical crisis like in 1929 or 2008.
Hello! Just bumping his thread if anyone is interested in sharing some culture!
It's very important to share knowledge about people and culture. I love people who stick to the idea that we need to study something new I always read articles to educate myself and I think that it's a part of our nature to learn something new about cultures and people.
[Image: d0a012e4da7e.jpg]