Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Learn to roleplay / learn to do it better.
(12-04-2015, 06:10 AM)brandon1op Wrote: Also Dont be afraid to go outside your comfort zone

If your partner is into some.."weird" stuff that you never thought of don't be afraid to try it out you might end up liking the genre

Be aware of your partners boundries While you might be into some kinky things when you rp your partner might not be

Best advice! I learned to like so many different things and people because of that!
Most of the times though the topic is just a result of the conversation we had (one reason you should try and talk to people instead of throwing cold invites...)
If you think you're not that good at roleplay just try to follow your partners lead and look for hints they might drop. It can be lots of fun to look for them and try to please your partner.
As long as you're willing to try and put effort into it you will surely get better in time.
Pretty much open to everything. Feel free talk to me anytime
First time I play online this kind of games, so I'm a real newbie, but as Darko wrote I usually follow the flow, sometimes according to the partner, learning from my mistakes eheh
[Image: giphy.gif]
With all the "Do"s, i will leave here also something that in my personal opinion is a a "Don't", and i have seen it made a couple of times.

In my opinion, remember you are plating your role in the scenario, so avoid adding what the other person is doing to your own actions, give him/her room to come up with their own reactions. Also in the same line, avoid moving forward too fast. Take some breaks between actions to give room for your partner to react.
Every word a world
Thanks for all the advice guys and gals. I'll give it all a go and hopefully come back to post my results.

Feel free to keep the advice rolling in though I'm sure more will always be helpful to me and others!
Well, let me be very honest...we all do roleplay, the game is a huge roleplay, the simple fact of creating an avatar, or two, or three is roleplaying...put that up front, just to PM someone the RP start, could have a good ending or not...
I agree with most of you, there are many tricks, the language, the respect for the other, knowing what you want and what the other wants, very importante, have conscience if what you are doing is been accepted or not, if not, better slow down, try to understand what is wrong, most importante, as in life, learn with your mystakes and try to improve yourself...
as for experience, the best RP i have, sadly didn't end in the bedroom, but it was very funny and make me spend 2 great hours!!!

(12-04-2015, 08:59 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: With all the "Do"s, i will leave here also something that in my personal opinion is a a "Don't",  and i have seen it made a couple of times.

In my opinion, remember you are plating your role in the scenario, so avoid adding what the other person is doing to your own actions, give him/her room to come up with their own reactions. Also in the same line, avoid moving forward too fast. Take some breaks between actions to give room for your partner to react.

yes Rick, that is very importante, the respect your partner desserve
also try to avoid double conversations, it happens to me more than once, and is very strange, is like a kick in the balls....if your partner is leading, just follow him/her...
I dont know it hardly depends on prefference i feel like like.I for instance dont like ppl asking me if i wanna rp or what kind of rp >.< i just like when they come with smth (didnt meet anyone too twisted yet so i guess thats why) But i appreciate the suggestions :3
Like many others have mentioned before, something that always enhances the experience for me is sensory detail. This can apply not just to the role playing, but the scene setting too. Even a minute comment about sight, sound, smell, touch, or taste can really tease the imagination Blush 

My rule of thumb is to be safe, and persuade by suggestion than dissuade by force. I like to disclose that I love a good role play, and I want my partner to get as much pleasure out of it as I do. There are as many different boundaries and thresholds as there are people, after all.

Apart from that, just get a feel for cues. Sometimes it's easier to get the creative juices flowing (no pun intended) by setting the scene from the outset, and test the waters to see if they like the particular role I'm playing. Other times, and when my partner doesn't seem to be dropping any clear hints about their preferences, I like to ask about their fantasies; what's on their mind; what's on my mind; if they like what they see (because I like what I see), and for them to describe what they're imagining. Much of the fun in role play is spontaneity and reciprocation Smile
"Each night has one sound I know: the moon against the water like your cheek across mine in another life." – Sara Eliza Johnson
Golden rule of thumb: Please your partner first before yourselves Wink

I know some people are rubbing one off while doing it with the players (Heck I did too....sometimes xP) but don't forget to keep your partner satisfied as well  Heart

Stick to it, and the advices of all the people in this thread, and you're gonna be a good casanov Smile
well, i dont need to ask anything, like you can figure by my many posts in here, im very explicity in what i want...and in the rare occasions im not (when im pissed with something, i just take the first cold invite i get) i go and say, im pissed...so thats an angry fuck, you just shut up and let me do my thing!!! in the end they dont complain, hihihi
Many of these things have already been mentioned, but here is my advice.

Some quick RP tips for those interested in improving:

Differentiate between speech and actions with some visible cue. Typically, if you do a lot of speech use an action identifier, if a lot of action a speech identifier.

*I hug you, saying* You are great.

Try to use language appropriate to the situation, don't be scared of using a little hyperbole or exaggeration , if you are in a romantic context (the example I am using), the following is better than the above

*I draw you into my embrace, saying* You are perfect.

Add sensory details, be explicit, if your partner knows exactly what is going on it is easier for them to visualise what you mean to convey

*I draw you into my embrace, placing my mouth next to your ear. You feel the warmth of my breath as I whisper* You are perfect

Remember that this is a collaborative enterprise, even if you are in control of the scene, describing your surroundings and such, avoid dictating the other characters actions.

WRONG

YOU: *As I lay you on the soft silk sheets, the smooth fabric caresses your skin raising shivers. I take a chocolate from the bowl and press it against your lips. As you bite into it the sharp tang of liquor coats your tongue* 

BETTER

YOU: *I lay you on the soft silk sheets, the smooth fabric caresses your skin.*

THEY: *I shiver as the cold clean sheets touch me*

YOU: *I reach tot eh bowl and select a chocolate bringing it to your lips*

THEY: *I part my lips, taking the treat into my mouth and savouring it*

YOU: *As you bite into it the sharp tang of liquor coats your tongue*.

Understand the difference between you the character and you the player. If you want to talk as a player then I would suggest using something to signify that you are (talking in brackets often works)

Kiss me *I press you down, gently pushing you towards my groin* (Are you comfortable with that?)

Try to get into a rhythm and match a pace with your partner. If you're partner types a paragraph, you don't necessarily need to type as much, its important to keep things flowing, not show who is the best typist. Similarly if you are leaving your partner behind with your speed you should probably slow down.

Look for cues about what your partner wants and likes, then try to build on them even if they move you away from your original intent

YOU: *I kiss the back of your neck moving up to gently nibble your ear*

THEY: Ohhh *I moan as you touch my ear*

YOU: *I run my tongue across your ear, then gently kiss and nip your earlobe, whilst my hands slide across your stomach*

Talk about things before hand and be very clear about what you want. This is exceptionally important if you are oging to be doing kinky stuff, let your partner know if there are things you don't want as well as do.

Learn your skills, limits and fantasies and be fearless exploring them, but respect those of your partner.

Lastly, as you play more, figure out the times when you should bend or break the above rules and with who.