Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Levels of Roleplay (For the ones who want to learn more)
(03-08-2016, 09:03 PM)W1LL Wrote: Or the RP where you pretend your an air band, and there's a cowbell solo, or when you pretend theres a fire in the fancy hotel (to lazy to say the name) and your looking for trapped civilians.

FUCKIN' EPIC TIMES! *high fives* ....classic *wipes a tear*

It was a good time. My Prophet rejoined...we had a new convert on flute! I played guitar. James made up lyrics for the vocals...top notch RP-ing.

The fire rescue was such a good one too. W1LL ..didn't we have to save you?

Waaaiiit no. that was someone else. didn't you use paramedic training to help keep the person stable on the glass table gerny?
(03-09-2016, 04:46 AM)blahbitty Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 09:03 PM)W1LL Wrote: Or the RP where you pretend your an air band, and there's a cowbell solo, or when you pretend theres a fire in the fancy hotel (to lazy to say the name) and your looking for trapped civilians.

FUCKIN' EPIC TIMES! *high fives* ....classic *wipes a tear*

It was a good time. My Prophet rejoined...we had a new convert on flute! I played guitar. James made up lyrics for the vocals...top notch RP-ing.

The fire rescue was such a good one too. W1LL ..didn't we have to save you?

Waaaiiit no. that was someone else. didn't you use paramedic training to help keep the person stable on the glass table gerny?

Yeah those were some fun times. One of our rescue members fell down the elevator shaft and broke his neck so we had to tie him down to a table to to make sure his neck was stabilized (it was more outdoors emergency training for if someone broke their neck in the wilderness).

The air band the other day was great fun we finally had Rhya back after such a long time, and we had such a great jam session on the beach.
Ah, that is right. Awesome. W1LL, you are also a member of Importal, the Cactus Dance Battle Group. Sometime... we need to go cruisin' for other crews to whoop up on.
At the risk of drawing the ire of the Cactus God (I keep a little one on my desk at work, so maybe my care of that particular idol will spare me his prickly wrath).

How do people find the best way to start an RP session? I have approached some people, but it feels like they want to set-up a writing assignment with me. And, well, I'm an English Teacher and that sorta feels like work. Do people just kind of improvise into it, or do people find setting up those parameters are really important? (I could understand in the sense of some of the sexual boundaries....)
From my personal experience, it usually has to do with how well you already know the people and what they desire.
A initial encounter with me would usually lead to a inquiry also. Bit sometimes people just have some fun, and situations develop from there.

I do think it's important to know what the other wants from the experience, even if just on the surface. How deep and detailed you go into that setup is about the kind of partners you find
Every word a world
(05-16-2016, 06:09 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: From my personal experience, it usually has to do with how well you already know the people and what they desire.
A initial encounter with me would usually lead to a inquiry also. Bit sometimes people just have some fun, and situations develop from there.

I do think it's important to know what the other wants from the experience, even if just on the surface. How deep and detailed you go into that setup is about the kind of partners you find

That is fair and makes sense.  *Grins*  I was just the two people I approached both laid it out exactly how I would have laid out a creative writing project to my students and that was....unique?
(05-16-2016, 06:31 PM)Cuylie Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 06:09 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: From my personal experience, it usually has to do with how well you already know the people and what they desire.

That is fair and makes sense.  *Grins*  I was just the two people I approached both laid it out exactly how I would have laid out a creative writing project to my students and that was....unique?

That is unique indeed
I do more of a Q&A myself at times, excange ideas, see where they lead, create something, not "give" a script
Every word a world
(05-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Cuylie Wrote: At the risk of drawing the ire of the Cactus God  (I keep a little one on my desk at work, so maybe my care of that particular idol will spare me his prickly wrath).

How do people find the best way to start an RP session?  I have approached some people, but it feels like they want to set-up a writing assignment with me.  And, well, I'm an English Teacher and that sorta feels like work.  Do people just kind of improvise into it, or do people find setting up those parameters are really important?  (I could understand in the sense of some of the sexual boundaries....)

For me it depends on the partner. I will happily improvise if someone wants and with regular partners tend to do that more. I am also happy to come up with a detailed scenario to play in. Not usually what will happen, but what themes will be touched on, what parameters will be included. This, though, is because I am willing to RP just about anything, but I won't improvise something extreme or unusual unless the other person has clearly expressed a desire for it.

I will also, once I know someone, build scenarios entirely focused around their tastes, without really telling them what will happen, then play through those with them to give them a really good time.
(05-18-2016, 08:08 AM)Kyrios Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 05:57 PM)Cuylie Wrote: At the risk of drawing the ire of the Cactus God  (I keep a little one on my desk at work, so maybe my care of that particular idol will spare me his prickly wrath).

How do people find the best way to start an RP session?  I have approached some people, but it feels like they want to set-up a writing assignment with me.  And, well, I'm an English Teacher and that sorta feels like work.  Do people just kind of improvise into it, or do people find setting up those parameters are really important?  (I could understand in the sense of some of the sexual boundaries....)

For me it depends on the partner. I will happily improvise if someone wants and with regular partners tend to do that more. I am also happy to come up with a detailed scenario to play in. Not usually what will happen, but what themes will be touched on, what parameters will be included. This, though, is because I am willing to RP just about anything, but I won't improvise something extreme or unusual unless the other person has clearly expressed a desire for it.

I will also, once I know someone, build scenarios entirely focused around their tastes, without really telling them what will happen, then play through those with them to give them a really good time.
I think the last line is where I like to go.  I know you said that you tend to match the desires of your partner and I know that I tend to have a similar quality.  I think one of my own biggest turn ons is dialing and exploring another person's passion.
(05-18-2016, 08:08 AM)Kyrios Wrote:

I'll agree with Kyr here. I'll improvise but I find it to be better once I know my partner. I have some limits but, while I act the gentleman, my tastes are very broad an sadly there are some skills/RPs I haven't done due to not finding the right partner. Once I know a person however, I too get an idea of an RP (or a few) I'd like to try and when we are free explore it. Surprisingly they tend to go as I thought as I read her that well. Unfortunately most of those I had as a steady partner no longer log in or have quit. Lately the majority of the RPs I have had are teaching those that approach me. II am however uniquely interested to in a new experienced individual I have met and look forward to the daily PMs we have. Wink
Ladies, Maybe you like the mischievous Thief? Sure he can steal your heart, but he'll be gone in the morning.. along with everything that isn't nailed down or on fire.
[Image: 781e6f42a790376108c3ca93b9a0c1c2.jpg]