Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MnF Club, an uncertain future (continuation)
Today with a critical update.

https://webkit.org/blog/9992/release-not...review-99/

As you can see on the link above, the most recent version of Apple's browser, Safari, is officially blacking Flash forever. No more optional execution, no more external plugins, no more tweaks. Flash is being permanently banned from the Apple environment, for good.

Not long ago, we were notified that the Chromium project will be following the same exact path. Soon, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and the new Edge will block Flash as well.
As I said before, Flash will be dead way before the date Adobe provided a year ago. Way before.

In the meantime, the dev keep pushing Flash based updates. A desktop version filled with bugs and a mobile version with a keyboard so awful you can't even play correctly anymore.

Currently, the future of MnF Club looks more uncertain than never before.
[Image: GafpYad.jpg]
I haven't been in the loop for quite a while, but to be fair, we do not know what the devs are currently working on right now... who is to say that they are not preparing to convert over to HTML5 and are waiting for adobe to be officially dead before so... I dont know maybe im just an optimist, but it would be ashame if the game actually died... I am also not much of a programmer or savvy in computer science, so bare with my ignorance if I made a mistake....
The day has finally arrived. December 21st, 2020. Today, support for Adobe Flash will come to an end. In the coming hours, all the major browsers will apply forced updates to block completely the execution of any Flash based component online.
And that's not everything, while Windows 10 already had an update a few months ago to remove the Flash core that comen bundled with the system. And on the following weeks, another update will remove and block any Flash-based application from running on the SO.

As we stated here long, loooong ago, MnF Club and the whole MnF universe will have a hard time going on, and just downloading the client to play out of the browser won't work anymore in just a few weeks. Being W10 the most used SO currently, the already small amount of people playing (compared with just a few years back) will decrease even more.

Are we facing the beginning of the end for the MnF community?
(10-01-2019, 11:20 AM)Pedro. Wrote: well it's not big deal if they made it downloadable game on any devices
but the main problem to them is the security for the game!

Unless you're on an iOS device. Apple would never allow a sex game in their app store.
Game will currently not load at all on any browser, and the download link doesn't work. Lets see how (if) the devs respond to this.

"New update! A $15 USD Club Potion will allow one avatar on your account to log into the game!"
Dodgy
(01-01-2021, 03:43 PM)proncain Wrote: Game will currently not load at all on any browser, and the download link doesn't work. Lets see how (if) the devs respond to this.

"New update! A $15 USD Club Potion will allow one avatar on your account to log into the game!"

i just logged in on google chrome with no issues
(01-01-2021, 03:43 PM)proncain Wrote: Game will currently not load at all on any browser, and the download link doesn't work. Lets see how (if) the devs respond to this.

It's actually a shame the dev team never truly care about expanding the project. The do tried (and keep trying) to milk every last cent of the game in such an obvious way it's not even funny anymore. A true shame.
Guess they made money while they could and now they will let the project die slowly till the incomes are not good enough to keep it online anymore.

Truly hope I'm mistaken things, but with the extremely awful level of communication they have toward us and the lack of caring towards the whole community they have shown since forever, I sadly wouldn't expect that.
I can still load game in Chrome Browser.

My Premium ends tomorrow and I will not be renewing.

When Flash no longer works in Chrome, which I am told is 12th January, I will look to see if Download still works.
(01-02-2021, 04:32 PM)Claire Wrote: My Premium ends tomorrow and I will not be renewing.

Mine ended today and I’m not renewing. Even if it weren’t for the whole Flash situation, one new pose every few months is not worth the price of paying for Premium.
(01-02-2021, 06:12 PM)Yelah Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 04:32 PM)Claire Wrote: My Premium ends tomorrow and I will not be renewing.

Mine ended today and I’m not renewing. Even if it weren’t for the whole Flash situation, one new pose every few months is not worth the price of paying for Premium.
And a new pose every few months is the best case scenario. You usually gets one npc interaction, one/two cosmetic items or a very expensive property you must buy with a ton of money. All stuff made to force you to be premium instead of just adding QOL stuff that would make you wanna pay for how good things look and play.