Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Anti-Spamming
Considering one group of players are doing spamming attacks on the MnF Servers... aks MansonFamily

Maybe it would be a good idea if there was a cool down period in all public locations, to reduce spamming

Room chat is okay, as Host can kick a spammer

2 second delay in public chat, makes it harder to spam
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
As an alternative idea... Global Mute a Spammer instead of Ban... they can Spam public servers all the want, just no one else will see them.

They can have fun spamming themselves
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
Actually really like the idea of a mute bottom, separate from an ignore, that can be utilized to temporarily mute a spammer, troll, or even friend that maybe saying annoying things. Though, I mean we, individually, have one to set for our different preferences. It would also, hopefully, not send a notification like the ignore, so no feelings will be hurt or you won’t be targeted by someone after you ignore them...

If you wanted to a global chat mute, you would need mods to be online, but they rarely are, so it wouldn’t really be enforced, unless they added more... just my 2 cents on why it’s better if we have control over who we can mute discretely...
The only reason I have suggested "Global Mute", was because recently as soon this certain SPAMMER got permanently banned, they simply changed their IP address, and came back into the game... so if they can bypass a ban, it would be better if a Mod could simply mute them, instead of wasting their time banning them.

The Spammer can chat all they like, of course no one else would know they were there.  And I don't just mean public chat mute, everyone else would appear on DND should the spammer, so should they try to contact another player, they would think they were being ignored.

[Image: unknown.png]
As the Spammer in question is always a level 1 player, maybe place restrictions on how often a new players say for 48 hours... because banning does not work for this spammer...
look at the top & bottom names... more or less identical
[Image: unknown.png]