Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Negative Moderator Experience (In-Game Mod Policy Discussion Thread)
(02-09-2019, 11:46 AM)Naomi Abimbola Wrote: It is obvious which is JohnSins's side . Since the beginning of the tread he shows only selective reading . I never said ban them , I said punish them . That  could be simply warning them , something mods usually don't do.
And to call it miscommunication when the one side clearly stated that she/he doesn't want to do something is simply ludicrous .

It is not true that only very few people in mnf troll ,they are a lot of them .

Also irl blackmailing and treats for me could be rather something that could be said  just out of frustration and shall not be taken seriously . Except if you shared personal information ...
And if you do it is your own responsibility ,isn't it ?

I have an example where I reminded repeatedly my RP partner to read my f-list :

https://ibb.co/XkvMZ7G
https://ibb.co/MhWP9Wq
https://ibb.co/5GjTxwV
https://ibb.co/1qdTSpw
https://ibb.co/86cM3X9
https://ibb.co/4WSdzsf
https://ibb.co/yytd4HJ

And there is the mocking reply by the moderator : https://ibb.co/23Kjzq0
That cancerous behaviour make a lot of my RP partners to quit mnfclub .

(02-08-2019, 09:41 PM)JCF Wrote: My assumption is that by the time someone turns 18, which is the minimum age people are allowed to get on MnF Club

So moderator must not talk to you as if you are 5 years old and make fun out of your frustration . Why I am being told I can ignore people , I am supposed to be 18+ , yes ? Is the moderator suggesting I am blind or stupid at first place and I am not aware of that option at first place ?! It is not enough of a hatespeech and ignoring what you get with an ignorant RP partner who doesn't hear you , even when he/she is been told multiple times what you want and don't want ?
So what good is moderator for ?!

They won't say it because "muh civility" but I will. You my friend are in fact FUCKING STUPID (allcaps unleash the fury).
Here's an example on how to solve your problems
https://ibb.co/VjCCjdg
Instead you continued role playing like an idiot then get buttmad, because the guy you kept rp'ing with, also kept rp'ing.
Then you want the mods to punish him? If anything you are the one who deserves a warning for filing false claims.
And while I can agree on how blackmail is no joke and deserves punishment, if you share your personal info with a stranger on the internet then yes it is in fact your own responsibility.
What are the mods even gonna do? banning him in game won't stop him from blackmailing you irl.
This whole situation is you refusing to accept your inability to function like an adult, and instead deflecting the guilt to mommy  the mods. Instead of you know, accepting you fucked up and learning from this experience?
Protip: When someone says to actually discuss a topic as sensitive as warnings and bans, instead of flinging shit at each other (no kinkshaming intended), it might be a good idea to listen.

Naomi. Read the post I made just before you decided to ignore what I said multiple times about not discussing specific bans or warnings (or the lack thereof) and posted screenshots, which may or may not show the entire conversation. Then read it again. A moderator's job isn't to fix stupid. It's not even to keep someone from being unkind. It's to enforce the terms of service meant to make this place as welcoming as possible. Stupidity and unkindness alone aren't covered in the terms of service. If a report gets declined, whether it was okay for them to do whatever they did is irrelevant. Whether you were wrong to be mad is irrelevant. It's because it didn't break the terms of service. Nothing else.

If someone is annoying you in PMs, the ignore button will usually stop that. If you think they broke the terms of service or the ignore button doesn't stop them from ignoring you, file a report. If a mod agrees, the subject gets a warning or a ban. If not, it'll be declined and the mod has the option of explaining why. Unless specifically told otherwise (which usually only happens if someone's filing like 30 reports with nothing new in 29 of them), you are free to file reports until a mod says, tactfully or otherwise, that you are too stupid to use the report button correctly and will be punished if you keep using it stupidly. Whether the mod's comment was inappropriate is not something I'll comment on because while screenshots can be doctored up, reports filed using the report button can't. Only mods can confirm what's in a report and what isn't and what's left out. And if moderators sometimes sound condescending, including me, it's because they want to make their point as clear as possible and leave no details to chance even if they risk sounding like bitter pedantic fucks.

Finally, as far as the mod team's concerned, it doesn't matter how credible a blackmail threat is or how much someone screwed up by oversharing over the internet. If someone says they're going to use it against you, no mod in their right mind should let them get away with that. Unfortunately we can't stop someone from ruining your life if they truly wish to, but we can at least not give them a free pass to do it on MnF.

Closing this thread for a bit for things to cool off. Could be a week, could be longer. But in case anyone wonders why you can't discuss mod policies on this forum for the moment and can't discuss specific reports at all publicly ever, here's Exhibit Fucking A.
Thread reopened. Sorry for getting cranky last month, folks; just pisses me off when a serious topic veers off into bickering and flaming. This thread's produced some good questions which have produced some good answers. And as I said in the second post, it's important to know what the ToS covers and what it doesn't.

Just please read the second post of this thread for the ground rules. Do not discuss individual warnings, bans or reports here.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
Personally, the game should update the ignore feature, once a person ignores the other. He/she should be also physically invisible as well, not just not being able to pm but to not see each other in public. You know I experienced the same thing; an aggressive dude ignored me then he tried to find me in public and kept trashing me in public chat and spreading lies about me then calling me names. I tried to report him but he only got a warning. That's it. He even talked trash about mods that they cannot do anything about his abusive behavior. There are so many immature gamers in this game who don't have time to live their own lives but bother others. So all in all, there should be a feature that once u ignore a player, you won't be able to see each other even in public. A warning doesn't do me justice for being called "whores" and other repetitive abusive words in public among hundred of others. And I don't if he stops, he keeps doing this to me from time to time.
hello. i get abused a moderator and support seems not be interested in, though i have each thinkable prove.

it works since now 15 months always similar: some attack me, my reports then get denied ( this moderator have same ontimes as i have)
and i get reported back and warned. until there are enough warnings. the i get a 24 hour block first and after a permanent block.

i can even prove it all. i talked to kumori, with emmie, and this one mod ( and his old friend from times before they were mods) simply goes on. support acts as if i never wrote and complained about get bullyied. what can i do? is vadim into holidays maybe?

once again: as i learned after first time, i screenshotted all. so i can prove all.
First, I'm going to assume this is just a general question and not related to your ban or anyone else's. Not after I've said multiple times in this thread alone to avoid that.

Second, I'm sure Emmie and Kumori would indeed be interested in your concerns. As I've said before, any complaints about moderators are carefully looked at. And while screenshots aren't often accepted as evidence, they are if they're backed up by logs -- which at this point are not deleted.

As for not hearing back from Support, maybe a message saying "Thanks for your email, we are reviewing your complaint now" would be helpful once it's been read and there's no information left to gather. Emails to Support are only rarely missed, particularly if there's multiple messages sent.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
WITHHELD Wrote:Greetings Alexa,
I am willing to know if I should keep pictures of abuse in private or if report is enought.
My problem is I am usure if the user will will get properly punished for it.
Thank you.

So I just got a weird private message on the Forum, whilst I was reading this thread Museum of Sex Arts 

Quote:If the image was sent via link in game, then use the shield and report the user... Let the Mods decide for you

And that was my response to them... If any player gets send an image in-game, that they feel is offensive, please use the "! Shield" to report the image, and let a MnF Moderator decide.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
Edit: Moved to the mod policy thread.

Yeah Alexa, pretty much. We'll generally warn for links out of nowhere to dick pics and the like. And we permaban for sending any image of someone who we have good reason to believe is younger than 18.
I got banned for creating a satire "white supremacist" character.... BUT LITERAL BLACK SUPREMACISTS DON'T GET BANNED. What is up with that?
Even though you clearly didn't read the thread -- otherwise you'd have either emailed Support or PM'd me, Emmie or Vrook about this -- I'm going to respond to this because I see this a lot in reports.

You are 100% wrong about _____ supremacists not getting banned.

You want to say that you like white/black/etc women? Be my guest, it's an opinion.

Want to look for white/black/etc bitches to stuff with dick? Despite what Hellmann says in Orange is the New Black, there are women who don't identify as sluts waiting to have their throats filled with just any cock. So since the focus is on just the "bitches" and not the race of said bitch, I don't see it as racist.

But if someone says that any real-world race of men/women/etc are superior or inferior? Report it and we'll review it.