Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Negative Moderator Experience (In-Game Mod Policy Discussion Thread)
There is usually no reason to unignore someone , they will continue the negative behaviour . It is rare folks to remember what you have talk about few months ago (even few weeks ago) . So why shall I receive a message from such an individuals ?! It is a mockery. Maybe make an apology blank they shall fill and send and you decide if to unblock them ?
I was thinking also that it would be nice to be able to disable invite to room button . It is really annoying how most don't read profile desriptions and f-lists , sure f-list is longer , but at least read the profile description which is too short and the last row is not visible and very rarely some read it . And especially when the first thing you typed in description quite literally is ''RP ONLY'' : https://ibb.co/4ZzsSF3
Would be nice to have more options to show people what you are after - like visual icons in your description - circle with image standing for submissive for example .
(01-31-2019, 07:57 AM)Naomi Abimbola Wrote: There is usually no reason to unignore someone , they will continue the negative behaviour . It is rare folks to remember what you have talk about few months ago (even few weeks ago) . So why shall I receive a message from such an individuals ?! It is a mockery. Maybe make an apology blank they shall fill and send and you decide if to unblock them ?
I was thinking also that it would be nice to be able to disable invite to room button . It is really annoying how most don't read profile desriptions and f-lists , sure f-list is longer , but at least read the profile description which is too short and the last row is not visible and very rarely some read it . And especially when the first thing you typed in description quite literally  is ''RP ONLY'' : https://ibb.co/4ZzsSF3
Would be nice to have more options to show people what you are after - like visual icons in your description - circle with image standing for submissive for example .

When I am bored, I accept cold invites...  but only so I can ask them why they think it is acceptable to invite people without permission..?  

Most can only say "sex?"

I tend to walk out of the room, after I have made my peace... and of course adding them to ignore.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
I rarely use the ignore function, when I do, I mostly unignore it quickly afterwards. I rather try to ignore those that annoy me by actually ignoring them: not paying them any attention at all. Only once did I report someone. He wrote that he would spare me this time after I denied his invitation, but next time he would hunt me down and make sure I could never surf the web safely online again. It felt so intimidating that I was genuinely scared and reported him. The mods told me they send him a warning and I felt heard and was never bothered again by the person in question.
My point is: I have good experiences with the mods and wish them all the best to keep up the good work!
I'm glad all he got was a warning. I mean everyone ought to be able to make credible threats that could seriously impact another player's real life in order to coerce them in having sex in a game.

I am glad the mods didn't ban the guy but I have to wonder how many players the guy runs off a week and how many of those were potential paying customers. Do your damn jobs and get rid of garbage like this.
(02-06-2019, 08:00 PM)Jenna-X Wrote: I'm glad all he got was a warning.  I mean everyone ought to be able to make credible threats that could seriously impact another player's real life in order to coerce them in having sex in a game.

I am glad the mods didn't ban the guy but I have to wonder how many players the guy runs off a week and how many of those were potential paying customers.  Do your damn jobs and get rid of garbage like this.

Well, warnings are usually more than enough to put some harasser in his or her place, cause the overwhelming majority of times they are not credible at all, just angry hissy fits in an attempt to exude some power. Though at any point in time anyone can just put that harasser on ignore and the interaction should end as well. Mods really only have to step in if the interaction does not cease or if it gets out of hand, they are supposed to moderate not be the KGB. Banning individuals would make them more angry, they'll just end up making another account and continue to harass others, whereas a warning serves at a chance of redemption.

I do want to make it clear though, that I am not trying to make others refrain from using the report button. It's just that a lot of times, interactions like that happen because of a lot of miscommunication, and one person just says something that they shouldn't have said since they are shielded by a computer. Thus, warnings and ignores are more than enough to get the message across. Serial harassers and trolls are more or less a very small minority.
There was no miscommunication in the exchange between the two players.. One player declined to have sex and the other player threatened to ruin their online activity forever if they refused sex the next time they asked. Wash those lips before you reply too john as your breath smells like the butt you are smooching. Get rid of garbage like this player when they threaten others in the game.
I said this in the second post of this thread, and I'll say it again. Keep it civil.

That said, it's my experience that any intervention by a moderator has the potential to antagonize someone. The question is how difficult it should be for them to do something again and what it should cost them. And to reiterate, I've said this about blackmail in another thread:

Quote:If phishing or blackmail is obvious enough that a mod can see it in a report, they go directly to permaban. Do not pass Lagoon Beach. Do not collect even $1 from Flappy Petnis. Why give anyone a second chance at stalking?

To give a fully informed opinion on the call, I'd need to see the log, which is not going to happen in this thread. But to my reading, "because you didn't have sex with me I'll make sure you can't surf the web safely again" (to paraphrase) falls under the criteria of blackmail and might be worth an appeal to Support, regardless of how unlikely it might be for them to actually follow through on that threat.
(02-07-2019, 01:43 PM)Jenna-X Wrote: There was no miscommunication in the exchange between the two players.. One player declined to have sex and the other player threatened to ruin their online activity forever if they refused sex the next time they asked.  Wash those lips before you reply too john as your breath smells like the butt you are smooching.   Get rid of garbage like this player when they threaten others in the game.

So your not a fan of buttstuff?... shame...

Bad jokes aside, that was not even the point of my response, I was not defending a person who threatened another player, this just so happened to be one of those situations where someone harassed another person, allegedly. Not every case is always so clear cut as this one, allegedly (you're starting to catch my drift? ;p ). I'm just pointing out that a lot of times over the internet, people interpret things in a different fashion than others, and some people are going to naturally feel offended and "harassed." Are we going to start asking the mods to regulate free speech now because people are going to feel like they were being pestered by some horny, bored trolls? (Before you say, "no one would ever ask such a thing, that's never going to happen," just look at the rest of this thread)... Sounds like a dangerous, slippery slope to me... though I do trust some of the mods to make an appropriate judgement call against infringing free speech for "internet safety."

I do want to make a point though, she did refuse sex after being "threatened to have her online activity ruined forever" and reported the individual. He was warned, and she has not had any problems since then... hmm, seems like the warning worked... What a wild coincidence... LOL... Just like most social issues in game, they seem to be solved without a moderator intervening, a ban, or jailing because many adults know how to move on.

And just like most adults, I'm going to move on as well, as there would be nothing more I can add to this thread. I just wanted to expose this thread to a differing (and minority) opinion, such as how bans/punishments can possibly violate player's rights (especially with unproven reports). I hope you can see from my perspective now, and understand that I'm not defending harassers or trolls.
Your right to free speech here pretty much ends where another person's body begins. As soon as you start making threats, it's no longer free speech.

Again, I'm going with a hypothetical scenario since evaluating michaela_tight's particular claim is beyond the scope of this thread. But gambling that someone won't threaten "have sex with me or I'll make your life miserable" again simply because they were warned they could be banned for it is a risk I wouldn't take. My assumption is that by the time someone turns 18, which is the minimum age people are allowed to get on MnF Club, they realize blackmail is wrong.

One other thing: The primary job of a moderator reviewing a report is to determine whether the Terms of Service were breached, not to judge who wins an argument. A declined report doesn't necessarily mean a moderator disagrees that someone's being a dick, only that they weren't being a dick in such a way that it violates the ToS.
[Image: tumblr_m5n0e4lflM1ryds47o8_r1_250.gif]
It is obvious which is JohnSins's side . Since the beginning of the tread he shows only selective reading . I never said ban them , I said punish them . That could be simply warning them , something mods usually don't do.
And to call it miscommunication when the one side clearly stated that she/he doesn't want to do something is simply ludicrous .

It is not true that only very few people in mnf troll ,they are a lot of them .

Also irl blackmailing and treats for me could be rather something that could be said just out of frustration and shall not be taken seriously . Except if you shared personal information ...
And if you do it is your own responsibility ,isn't it ?

I have an example where I reminded repeatedly my RP partner to read my f-list :

https://ibb.co/XkvMZ7G
https://ibb.co/MhWP9Wq
https://ibb.co/5GjTxwV
https://ibb.co/1qdTSpw
https://ibb.co/86cM3X9
https://ibb.co/4WSdzsf
https://ibb.co/yytd4HJ

And there is the mocking reply by the moderator : https://ibb.co/23Kjzq0
That cancerous behaviour make a lot of my RP partners to quit mnfclub .

(02-08-2019, 09:41 PM)JCF Wrote: My assumption is that by the time someone turns 18, which is the minimum age people are allowed to get on MnF Club

So moderator must not talk to you as if you are 5 years old and make fun out of your frustration . Why I am being told I can ignore people , I am supposed to be 18+ , yes ? Is the moderator suggesting I am blind or stupid at first place and I am not aware of that option at first place ?! It is not enough of a hatespeech and ignoring what you get with an ignorant RP partner who doesn't hear you , even when he/she is been told multiple times what you want and don't want ?
So what good is moderator for ?!