Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Moderators, and what you (always) wanted to know about them
The reason why most of the denied reports get denied is usually because of a lack of evidence.
We can't just trust every report if we can't see any proof on it.
If we did we might be banning ppl just because someone reported another player that they don't like.
The easiest way to fix this is to either make screenshots and put the links in the report itself so the mods can look at them while judging the report.
Or of course look for an online mod and ask him/her to come take a look and deal with the problem directly.
(03-21-2018, 04:07 PM)Ethereal Wrote: I'd really like to know what is the criteria for declining a report.
Seriously. My goal here is not to flame.
But when a guy chases someone across the map, or insists in invading a shower and trying to rape a girl over and over again, and her report gets a simple "declined", it really sounds like "fuck you, deal with it".

The number of toxic users in the game is close to overwhelming, and without a moderator group we can count on, it can quickly become unbearable.

Imma not saying "ban them all" on faith alone, but come on. Even with PRINTS of a guy standing behind you, uninvited, in three different places, claiming in the publich chat how he is laughing at your discomfort, the message that follows up being "your report has been declined" makes one seriously question if the mods are really here to guarantee a better game experience for all.

Sorry for the ones who actually do their jobs, here. I've had mods in my friends list before, but nowadays, what i see mostly is a real disregard with issues that should not be simply put aside as "drama". In a game that is hardly attractive by its updates, what brings many here is the social experience. Which turns impossible if you can not trust the powers that be.

I was thinking... having read this, and many other posts like this in the past.  Maybe it might be a good idea to suggest to Vadim & co, to see if a setting can changed to prevent sex when at least one person has the other on ignore.  This kind of setting might even make Game Moderators lives better, as they would no longer have to deal with these instances.
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
Emmie opened a new Thread "Drama Prevention "  here : Drama Prevention
There you can read about approaching an argument, way and possible steps to preventi drama and some about reporting.
The following links to the forum PM  of the moderators is also taken from this thread/posting.

To contact a forum moderator, simply click their  names here and you will be directed to the PM page for  EmmieCath  Vrook

If you wanna contact support instead, go   HERE    and send an email the specified adress. 

And if you want to reach the in-game moderators on the forum, you have  KumoriBADGURLVrook  AllyBrat .
[Image: detail.gif]
(03-21-2018, 09:53 PM)Kumori Wrote: The reason why most of the denied reports get denied is usually because of a lack of evidence.

Fine.
Fresh example out of the oven, from a friend.
A guy came, started a typical rapist rp with her with no invitation.

The guy literally said that he was RUBBING HIS COCK on her.

She reported him, blocked him.

Result? Not even a warning. Simply a decline, less than five minutes later.

I'll repeat:

The guy. Said. He was. Rubbing. His cock. On her.

What proof are we talking about here? Aren't his own words evidence enough of abuse?

Seriously, it's really hard to trust a moderation that allows that kind of behaviour. This is NOT about drama. It's about toxic, abusive behaviour being CONDONED by those who should give the players a safe environment for fun. 

Guys complain about girls asking for money or blocking them when they say hi, but when rapists can walk around rubbing dicks on whoever they want, with no consequence, what else can we do? 

I myself already got a warning for telling an abuser to fuck off. But rubbing dicks on girls is fine enough for a report to be promptly declined? Double standard, anyone?
(06-22-2018, 02:44 PM)Ethereal Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 09:53 PM)Kumori Wrote: The reason why most of the denied reports get denied is usually because of a lack of evidence.

Fine.
Fresh example out of the oven, from a friend.
A guy came, started a typical rapist rp with her with no invitation.

The guy literally said that he was RUBBING HIS COCK on her.

She reported him, blocked him.

Result? Not even a warning. Simply a decline, less than five minutes later.

I'll repeat:

The guy. Said. He was. Rubbing. His cock. On her.

What proof are we talking about here? Aren't his own words evidence enough of abuse?

Seriously, it's really hard to trust a moderation that allows that kind of behaviour. This is NOT about drama. It's about toxic, abusive behaviour being CONDONED by those who should give the players a safe environment for fun. 

Guys complain about girls asking for money or blocking them when they say hi, but when rapists can walk around rubbing dicks on whoever they want, with no consequence, what else can we do? 

I myself already got a warning for telling an abuser to fuck off. But rubbing dicks on girls is fine enough for a report to be promptly declined? Double standard, anyone?

in the end, Rp is a two-sided thing. he may start to write and be rough, but the girl has the right not to answer, and if she wants to move to another place or server. or am I wrong? Big Grin
I do not think mod will block someone if there is no good reason. I guess they know the borders and so on.
Imagine that you fall to the height of your ego, to the height of your intelligence - you are dead
This is a very touchy subject I think, cause everyone has differing opinions. But I'll try and make some sense of it. First of all, a lot of reports get declined purely cause it's issues that people can take care of themselves. This is an adult game, for adults, not kindergarten. It also comes down to which mod deals with a report, cause we're not all robots programmed the same way. We see things differently just like any human. We follow the ToS as a baseline, and go from there.

Now, an example on this currently discussed topic, even though I think -Nadya- got it spot on. Let's say there's a guy, A, who sees a girl, B. He starts some roleplay with her, it can be rough, it can be sweet, it can be whatever. B has a choice here, she can ignore him, she can not reply, she can reply, whatever she chooses, it's her choice. A moderator should not get involved in that.
There are some exceptions to this though, like age play or overly abusive language. Especially abusive language is something they should ask if it's ok first. As for age play, it's just not allowed. Also, if B chooses to ignore, not reply or say no, and A decides to harass, abuse or refuse to accept the fact. That's when a moderator may get involved to solve the issue.

And I can't speak for every single report that has been dealt with, I can only speak very generally and widely. So specific examples need to be reviewed etc.

Edit: Reports are very hard to generalise, cause just like people, they're all different.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
So, if a guy uses nice words to say that he is raping you, or doing some kind of violence or abuse, he is excused, but if you tell him to go fuck himself, you're in the wrong here? Correct me if imma wrong, but that's the impression i've got from this.

Because as i see it is not only a matter of RPing. NO WOMAN is forced to accept an abusive rp and play it (even for refusing), if there is zero indication in her bio or pms that she would be up for it. From the moment you leave us to fend for ourselves, with NO TOOL to do it, you are taking the sides of the abusers. You are helping the game become even more toxic, which has been happening for the last two and a half years that i've been playing.

One thing is to ignore an unpleasant approach. Another is to pretend something that drives people away doesn't exist.
Please don't call it rape, don't make light of what rape is. I can respect that you and others don't like specific kinds of roleplay. That is perfectly understandable. But you do have the tool to deal with that, and that's to put them on ignore. This will completely stop them from talking to you, and you can go on doing whatever it is you were doing. I've had plenty of people approach me like this, and 99% of the time, if I say no, or don't respond. They will move on and respect my wishes.

You're also saying, no one is forced to accept abusive rp, and this is correct. Ignore, say no, don't respond, all valid choices and that's where it ends. Now I'm also saying, if you do this, and the person finds ways to get around that, there is an issue that moderators need to help with. No one is saying that you or anyone else has to play along with the roleplay, there are plenty of ways to stop it, and the most final one is the ignore function.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Imma calling it for what it is, and imma not reducing rape, imma trying to make clear that what is being done is serious.
Rape is not a sexual kinky. If it is sex, and it is not consensual, it is rape. Sexual assault, unprovoked, uninvited, and unwelcome, is as criminal as pedophilia. Interesting that ageplay is mentioned as unnacceptable, and abusive language also, but if a guy describes an obvious violent action using words that are not cursive, the girl who reports it is just making drama.

And my point is, which keeps being missed here is that attitude of "hey, let go, it's just a game, deal with it", keeps being recommended instead of "hey asshole, stop harrassing the women in the game". First, it was said, "we need evidence". Now, it is said "well, you can ignore". This is rationalizing the problem, not tackling it.

Example: See what you said? You've had "plenty of people approaching you like that". That. Means. The behaviour. Is. Toxic.
Ignoring doens't make it go away. WE have to deal with it, take daily doses of assholes coming at us with rps, cold invites and whatnot, but on the other hand... what do they have to do? Just looking for the next "hoe/slut/bitch" to offend and abuse? In the meanwhile WE have to put up with it, and they have to worry only about the words they use to, yes, RAPE.

"Ignore, say no, don't respond, all valid choices and that's where it ends. " No, is is not. For as long as this is the solution, it is not. Being clear, you, the moderators, should have a clear stance about this. While you take this "case by case" and accuse girls of drama, the guys that really ruin this game for us are there, pissing us off. Either say, as a group, that you are against non consensual approaches, or say that it is fine, and that us girls have to fend for ourselves. But to trust you and get this kind of "come on... but..." lines, while the guys that insist on doing that do not merit a warning, is too little.
(06-23-2018, 12:30 AM)Ethereal Wrote: Imma calling it for what it is, and imma not reducing rape, imma trying to make clear that what is being done is serious.
Rape is not a sexual kinky. If it is sex, and it is not consensual, it is rape. Sexual assault, unprovoked, uninvited, and unwelcome, is as criminal as pedophilia. Interesting that ageplay is mentioned as unnacceptable, and abusive language also, but if a guy describes an obvious violent action using words that are not cursive, the girl who reports it is just making drama.

And my point is, which keeps being missed here is that attitude of "hey, let go, it's just a game, deal with it", keeps being recommended instead of "hey asshole, stop harrassing the women in the game". First, it was said, "we need evidence". Now, it is said "well, you can ignore". This is rationalizing the problem, not tackling it.

Example: See what you said? You've had "plenty of people approaching you like that". That. Means. The behaviour. Is. Toxic.
Ignoring doens't make it go away. WE have to deal with it, take daily doses of assholes coming at us with rps, cold invites and whatnot, but on the other hand... what do they have to do? Just looking for the next "hoe/slut/bitch" to offend and abuse? In the meanwhile WE have to put up with it, and they have to worry only about the words they use to, yes, RAPE.

"Ignore, say no, don't respond, all valid choices and that's where it ends. " No, is is not. For as long as this is the solution, it is not. Being clear, you, the moderators, should have a clear stance about this. While you take this "case by case" and accuse girls of drama, the guys that really ruin this game for us are there, pissing us off. Either say, as a group, that you are against non consensual approaches, or say that it is fine, and that us girls have to fend for ourselves. But to trust you and get this kind of "come on... but..." lines, while the guys that insist on doing that do not merit a warning, is too little.

First of all, what happens in this online game should never be called rape... If you know what the word rape is, stop using it incorrectly just to make a flawed point... You consented to be online, chose to see the message, decided to either ignore/not message the person or actually did message the person, and continued on with your day. You think a person raped in real life has those luxuries; the worst thing you might ever have to do in your situation is to literally turn off your computer (but its never that bad)... Honestly, its  quite disgusting you would use deceptive language to make a complaint, and a rape victim would be insulted that you even compared the two...

Second of all, what do you want the devs and mods to do?... Create a police state?.... There are some people, like it or not, who enjoy participating in that type of roleplaying. Why stop there?.... We could just ban all taboo RP's, however what type of RP is considered taboo and which one would we ban?.... Everything is relative to the person, so it wouldn't be fair to limit one persons freedom over another's due to different ideologies/preferences. A lot of people don't like futas, should we ban those too?.... It's honestly something that is impossible to enforce without it being "too 1984" (If you haven't read this book yet, i do recommend it).  

Lastly, moderators should do only as their title says them to do... moderate... If they see a person is harassing/stalking/excessive verbal abuse, then they should act. With what you are proposing, you are now making them a judge of what is considered "wrong" and bias will be made. That's not fair to people who have different views than the mods or the devs. The best mods are libertarian in nature, lets keep them that way...lol... I understand your frustration, its definitely not the most pleasant thing to see when going online, especially in baths, however unless a person is literally harassing you repeatedly, mods don't need to get involved...