Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
save your apartment designs?
@LilCaylee

There are people who appreciate a nice house or apartment design and know what it takes to build them. Others are happy with dirty cheap 10k or 20k designs and others are happy with the standard design that comes with the residence you purchase. There is no right or wrong here. Everyone is different and thats a good thing.
I'm the first to acknowledge that my high end designs are for a small niche of players who want and value the type of work I do. And you are right when you say that to many of you this is a waste of ingame money, but to others it isn't. Why buy a Ferrari when you can buy a good and reliable Hyundai for a fraction of the price?
Only if I could spend my game cash on .... shoes!!!
"All human judgement is uncertain. The errors of a judge, however innocently or unintentionally committed have consequences as serious as the crimes of others. Judging is a duty to be performed when it cannot be honourably avoided and never a privilege to be coveted."
I think that it would be good if we could strip apts and houses of furniture.
Yeah, or photoshop them as well. Or buying new furniture for the apt in the game.
[Image: xpXEtwW.gif?noredirect]
Can anyone tell me how you can start designing?
Download the template, then use an image editing tool, like Photoshop. And let your creativity flow!
And for those that encounter the I/O error when trying to download the template, access the game from the PC, not a mobile device, and without using incognito mode.

After you download the template, you can delete the history of the browsed pages, from browser settings. If you don't want others to find out what you've been looking for on the internet.
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
(06-15-2018, 04:31 PM)Emmie Wrote: It sounds like A LOT of work. And I'm also not entirely sure what stance the devs would have. Don't get me wrong, I can confidently speak for the devs when I say that taking credit for something someone else made, is not cool. But at the same time, I'm pretty sure these things would fall under public domain, so I don't know how much "enforcing" we'd be able to, or allowed to do. On top of that, there's the process of verifying the original creators claims etc. It sounds like a nice idea though.

Unfortunately, there is now person who is claiming on Twitter that MnF Developer's actually support there actions regarding piracy of other designers.  @ClubMnF was tagged into the claim on the 28th December 2018.  

So now a lot of Designers are pissed because nothing was said by MnF Club regarding this claim.

former link
Visit the MnF Ambassador site for information MnF Clans..  (Please contact me to list your clan)
[Image: ambassador-ani3.gif?w=736]
I've been asked about this account before privately, but let me state this publicly:

a) There are NO Twitter accounts officially endorsed by MnF Club other than @ClubMnF itself. The account's silence on the matter is not an endorsement of this imposter in any way, and the idea that we'd ever let a complete asshole host designs purely to piss off designers isn't worth dignifying with a response.
b) Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do if someone is hosting other creators' home designs off-site, or has developed a program to somehow extract a loaded background for an apartment/house. A similar issue happened with people copying 3DXChat designs, and the bottom line is that there's very little devs can do if someone is determined to copy player-created data. If we discover who runs the account, they can be banned for impersonating MnF Club staff, and I'll defer to the in-game team if they want to comment on whether that's already happened. And if you ever find someone who admits in-game to running the account, by all means report them.
c) I have reported on Twitter every tweet on that account which contains adult material (and is not flagged as containing it) and/or insults other people, as well as for impersonating @ClubMnF, and I encourage who finds it offensive everyone to do the same if they also think it doesn't belong on Twitter. Openly mocking designers on Twitter after posting designs without their authorization is technically outside the scope of the mod team, but it's a dick move nonetheless. I forget who's currently running the @ClubMnF Twitter account, but they'd need to file a report to get it removed and I know at least one attempt's been made. Again, anyone is welcome to do the same on Twitter.
d) I've heard the suggestion that Elizabeth_Gray somehow gave the files to whoever runs the account. This is, in a word, bullshit. Even if she was of a mind to do it, the mod team does not have any more access to a player's home design than players themselves would.

To sum up: No, we can't enforce intellectual property rights of home designs. But that account is sketchy as fuck and should be reported to Twitter.
I was given a folder of designs ages ago, like a good 50+. That twitter account looks like it has a fair few of them on it too, so it must have been passed around far and wide by now. Though it looks very likely have put most of them together from google searches too. I’ve always assume most designers are resellers anyway, just like those claiming to be selling nude pictures of themselves.

The staff on f-list tries to deal with people who use other peoples’ art commissions without permission (and in that case we are talking $100-$1000+ designs, not comparatively quick photo-shop jobs ironically at times full of stolen assets themselves ~ ), but even that is an endless task. They did have a tool for a short while to help identify if your art was being used by someone else, but it just bogged staff down with too many tickets. Take into account a lot of the language barriers on mnfclub and you’ve got a logistics nightmare.

Though I’m not necessarily condoning the actions of players sharing designs around for free, it’s the nature of this kind of exchange. It always has been, and likely always will be. There is a lot of truth in the idea that they were never a customer to begin with.

My main experience of working with designers in real life is bespoke stuff, and I’d imagine that’s the angle you’d want to take on here too. I know I would.
Botj JCF and Purest_Elf. It's just not possible for us to deal with "design theft" or whatever you wish to call it. That doesn't mean we endorse it, or think it's good. We just don't have the capacity to deal with it. I don't know if it's been added to the TOS as of yet, but way it is right now, the moment a design is uploaded to MnF Club, it becomes public property.