Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Messages
(08-28-2017, 10:46 PM)Zephyr Wrote: Two simple points:
1 Greater player control of PMs - Should not be hard
2 Why do messages now not last 30 days
I will try to confirm it...
I didn't notice and I doubt any mods noticed or know why, however if you all want it to go back to its original 30 days, let me know...
*bows* I'm here to help Wink
(08-29-2017, 06:13 AM)JohnSins Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 10:46 PM)Zephyr Wrote: Two simple points:
1 Greater player control of PMs - Should not be hard
2 Why do messages now not last 30 days
I will try to confirm it...
I didn't notice and I doubt any mods noticed or know why, however if you all want it to go back to its original 30 days, let me know...
*bows* I'm here to help Wink

No need to confirm:  it happened across multiple AVs and the next day another day was removed.

The 30 days is not important except that I wanted to review an abusive post that should have still been there but had been removed:  how I noticed.   My point here is only that we are still told it is 30 days.

It seems that management of PMs has been a wish for a long time but when it does not happen it gets forgotten about.   PMs must be used by most players and are surely of more interest than a new hat or pair of glasses?   If some player control is possible for Friends then it can be done for PMs.

My original suggestion:
1. Enable deletion of private messages in game:  especially directed at those that just say Hi or Hey.
2. Do not delete first part of longer conversations.
3. Allow one to keep messages for longer than 30 days.   They may have info you want or a record of abuse.
4. Allow one to order messages as we can now do with friends.
Now:
1. That would be good too for the senders as well wouldn’t it when no response?
2. Still want.
3. If I can keep messages you can delete automatically even after 7 days if you want.
4. Not strictly necessary if we have 1 and 3 but still useful if multiple messages.

So all I am asking for is a keep/delete button and a longer message possibility.   I am sure my message storage requirements would decrease and if people did not delete it would be automatic, as now when you fill 10 pages.
I wish it could update FFF pose for girls only
(08-25-2017, 08:55 PM)Zephyr Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 06:51 PM)Vrook Wrote: No, I'm not a mod. Just someone that has been around for quite some time.

Perhaps this changes in the way the PM system works, are due to the fact that the player base keeps growing, so they changed the PM system, so it won't take too much out of server capacity.

There is something wrong where you reply to help but no response from Mods.   What are they for?

The mods are for enforcing the whims of cliques that spend an assload of money. Obviously. <-- won't delete this because honesty and all that, but any mods who do their jobs properly: I'm sorry, this was not directed at you.

There are a few of us skilled with development, who would gladly offer assistance free of cost, if asked. Not me though. The mod team and Vadim's behaviour has thoroughly put me off Tongue
I do have one piece of advice for the devs: ditch Flash. Learn a bit of WebGL or use one of the many canvas based physics libraries. Heck, use GSAP or VelocityJS if proper web animation technology is too difficult for you.
Oh, there's this really cool project called Shumway that implements the Flash runtime using Javascript. Perhaps that could be used as a basis for gradual refactoring.
Don't forget, mods are humans with their own life
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
(09-18-2017, 07:29 PM)Cath Wrote: Don't forget, mods are humans with their own life

I think they are just stating the lack of feedback in the forums, since there really is only one mod. I'm pretty sure we all know you have a life outside of this, however additional mods can help you out a lot more since your not online all the time... *wink wink* Wink
Cath is many his Cath's head!

But yeah, I'd be nice to have someone to watch over the forum when I'm unable to.
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
They should allow premium users to manage their own messages with no auto-deletion.
(09-23-2017, 05:19 PM)nolie Wrote: They should allow premium users to manage their own messages with no auto-deletion.

Not sure it could be done just for premiums.
Probably the wrong area to post this but..
Would there be a way to pm somebody that someone knows?
the problem with me is that I want to pm a old friend of mine but she doesn't know that I changed my name and I have no means of contacting her.
any ideas?