MNF Club Forums
Economy balance discussion - Printable Version

+- MNF Club Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Miscellaneous & Help (https://www.mnfclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Economy balance discussion (/showthread.php?tid=1552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Economy balance discussion - Adam - 02-23-2018

(02-22-2018, 08:38 PM)RhaenyraT Wrote: Can anyoone please tell me how much does it cost a premium code with in game money now in days?

Actually 3 months code 180/200K

RE: Economy balance discussion - Jessica - 02-24-2018

(02-22-2018, 08:38 PM)RhaenyraT Wrote: Can anyoone please tell me how much does it cost a premium code with in game money now in days?

AdamKroenen says 180/200K – price seems to have gone up.   Been told less sellers.

At average $2,500 per hour in mini-game that would be 80 hours or at 5 hours/day, 16 days.

RE: Economy balance discussion - Adam - 02-24-2018

(02-24-2018, 12:43 AM)Jessica Wrote:

AdamKroenen says 180/200K – price seems to have gone up.   Been told less sellers.

At average $2,500 per hour in mini-game that would be 80 hours or at 5 hours/day, 16 days.

Yes. Less sellers nowadays. The price gone up. Even for 6 months(more or less 400k) and a year(600/650k)

RE: Economy balance discussion - -Nadya- - 02-24-2018

Adam says real code prices. if you search to find cheaper, you are likely to be cheated, as it happens with some people in the game. the price has risen because it is difficult to find prem codes, and not every seller is available

RE: Economy balance discussion - Zephyr - 06-24-2018

The suggestions thread is likely being rearranged into 3 specific areas with an overall feedback thread. It is felt that suggestions on Economy should be directed to an existing thread which would be this one. Would you be happy with that?

RE: Economy balance discussion - magergxd - 06-25-2018

I'm sorry, but after skimming through this thread and other threads that mention the issue of the amassed amount of currency in the game, I honestly can't seem to pinpoint an actual issue. Given the premise of the game, money does little to nothing to a player's growth which is gated by time and the ability to have sex with other players for experience. Money in this game had no real purpose until players and artists decided to erect a market(or would "give birth to an economy" be better?) in what is a game that was never meant to sustain one. Without this, high item prices would only exist so players with hoarded money couldn't just buy the latest and greatest within the first hour, get bored, then leave the game aka every game ever.

Although I'll probably get a lot of heat for saying the following, but here goes.........

The blame for current situation of inflation ALL FALLS UPON THE PLAYERBASE ITSELF. Quite frankly money back in the day was thrown around for more of a RP reason and whatnot, no real value. Some folks just hoarded to hoard and see high numbers etc. Money would eventually lose its flare and devs would introduce new stuff for players to spend it on to further customize themselves. HOWEVER, with the ever increasing demand of players that want a free to play experience while still have the premium life, the community answered its own call with code sellers and now the incentive to actively generate money on a massive scale has begun..... Then of course, along within this new incentive, includes housing designs and the the ones selling them that also are trying to raise funds to maintain their own premium status..... Now code sellers are raising their prices as the amount of money in circulation rises and at this point, the original purpose of sellers has now been loss. The value of a code being sold now, far out prices what the code is truly worth in real money.....

I honestly want to apologize to anyone if this statement rubbed you the wrong way, seemed "stupid, ignorant, smarta**y,etc", but as someone watching from the sidelines since a long time, just waiting for content updates and new clothes lines. This whole situation just has me confused and I want to lay down my thoughts on the situation.

I also want to make it clear that my statement was NOT made with the sole intent and purpose of condemning code sellers and artists, but was a statement made based on my observations and understanding of the current situation to which sellers and artists were part of said observations and thus mentioned.

I would like thank anyone & everyone that reads this post ALL the way and understands what I'm getting at and won't take part in the heat I'll probably be getting.

RE: Economy balance discussion - Zephyr - 06-26-2018

Hi magergxd,

I don’t think that you are wrong and there are others who also think that the economy problem does not exist or is overblown.

If non-premium there is little to buy; swimsuit, sunglasses and motel room. All can be bought with much less than an hour’s mini-game play. Most premium outfits also. Apartments cost a lot more but then that is something for long term players – not those who have just joined.

I think that a lot of players built up reserves not just for the kudos but in anticipation of houses.

I don’t see inflation much. A gown still costs the same but the princess dress was a silly price. The nurse outfit is more than earlier equivalent outfits and the farm girl/cowgirl outfit is $700 compared to the later denim jumpsuit with boots at $1500 so you may have a point. But they are still easily achievable.

You said, “as the amount of money in circulation rises”. Since alt farming ended much less money has been brought into game. But as people realised that apartments were not so expensive and that they wanted designs more money may have circulated. Also that excess was not that much use; so spend on code rather than real money. So “in circulation” may well be correct.

You have no need to apologise. It was a very sensible post. If anyone disagrees with it they can post too.

RE: Economy balance discussion - Overfiend - 06-27-2018

Hello all,
I have largely stayed out of the economic discussion because i think the problems won't be fixed until the Dev's put more into the game.

We are in an economic cycle where players use "other" methods to make alot of money and the devs respond by making things expensive.
Meanwhile the mass of people are don't benefit the "Other Markets" but still have to pay the expensive prices that the Dev's set.

I see the solutions are as simple as the following:

1. Close the loop holes that cause massive bank accounts.  Those loop holes are
  a. Free market code selling - The Devs can close this loophole by implementing controls around how codes are distributed.
  b. Apartment/house designs selling - The Dev can close this loophole by making apartment designing something that can only be done
      within the game, instead of via downloaded templates.  
  c. Premium player alt-farming - The Devs can end this anytime
  d. Implement controls/caps on mini-games where abuse is apparent

2. Make income earning methods that are reasonable.  The current methods take too long & reward too little.  I have a real job and life. Honestly i don't have the time to make fake in-game money.  The game should be played for fun not as a second job.  Also if methods of making money in-game were reasonable, it would diminish the need to resort to "Other" methods.

3. Make the cost of in-game items reasonable relative to the earning potential in the game.

4. The Devs have to get comfortable with some people saving their money in anticipation of the next update.  That's just natural.  They need to have a higher threshold amount for what a players savings account should be.  I have been playing this game almost 2 years and every time they come up with an update it nearly wipes out my savings.  That's not reasonable.  We should be allowed to hold a reserve to enjoy the game.

All of these are within the power of the Devs to manage. They have created this economy by allowing it.  
I think they are comfortable with it because it benefits them

1. the free market serves as a marketing resource to the game
2. It saves them time in programming. It requires less programming to let the free market handle apt designs and allow the premium codes to be available easily.  It takes more time for them to implement the proper controls.
3. As things get expensive they can offer users a chance to buy more in-game cash with real cash.

My final piece of advice is our membership base to recommend mini-games that allow for reasonable methods of making money in-game so that the players don't feel the need to result to the "other" methods that rehash the cycle that we are in.

RE: Economy balance discussion - Jenna-X - 06-27-2018

I don't understand the feelings of inadequacy or understand the animosity toward those that have money in the game.  Trust me if you worked 3 hours a night on the pole putting up with some of the player base you earned your fortune.

A monthly subscription is like 33 cents a day or a Netflix account.  A 3 month code for your favorite lover is the cost of dinner.

If you don't have a credit card to buy from the game site some folks provide that service.  If you don't want someone to see mnf club on the credit card statement maybe you shouldn't play.

RE: Economy balance discussion - Overfiend - 06-27-2018

Jenna-X,
Personally, i'm ok with you earning as much as you want on the stripper pole, or the rodeo, or the shooting gallery or the glory hole.
I believe that in-game money earned outside of the game using "other" methods is probably a bigger issue.

Also I'm in favor of the Devs allowing players to maintain some savings in anticipation of updates. Just having money saved shouldn't be considered as an issue.